When you are creating a Report in Access, you can include as much, or as little detail as you like. For instance, you can prompt the person creating the report to add his or her name to the footer of the Report.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- On the Home Tab click on the drop-down arrow under View, and select Design view.
- You can, of course, also right-click the Report in the navigation pane and select Design view.
If your footer is not visible:
- In version 2010, right-click near the bottom under the Details section and select Form Header/Footer.
- Go to the Arrange tab in version 2007 and and in the Show/Hide Group, select Report Header/Footer.
Add a text box to your footer:
- Go to the Design tab in Report Design tools and click the Text Box controls button.
- Click and drag in the footer to draw your text box.
- In the Label Control, enter the label that is intuitive for this field, such as Prepared By:.
- In your text box, key in =[Please enter your full name].
- Save your report.
Now, when a user runs the report, a dialog box will appear that says Please enter your full name, along with a field for the user to enter it.
That name will now appear in the footer of your Report.