The Animation Pane in PowerPoint allows you to view and manage the effects that are on your slide. You can modify and reorder your effects directly from the Animation Pane which is extremely useful when you are using more than on effect.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- From the Animations tab, click the Animation Pane command.
- The Animation Pane will display on the right-hand size of your window and will show you all the effects fro your slide in the order in which they appear.
- If you have more than one animated object, it may help to rename your objects before reordering them in the Animation Pane.
- You can rename them in the Selection Pane. To open the selection Pane, click an Object and from the Format tab, click Selection Pane.
- Double-click the name of your object to rename it.
Follows the steps below to reorder your effects from the Animation Pane:
- On the Animation Pane, click and drag an effect up or down.
- The effects will reorder themselves.
- If you would like to preview your effects from the Animation Pane:
- From the Animation Pane, click the Play button.
- The effects for the current slide will play. On the right-hand side of the Animation Pane, you should be able to see a timeline that will show the progress through each effect.
- If the timeline is not visible, click the drop-down arrow for an effect, then select Show Advanced Timeline.
To change the start option of an effect:
By default, an effect starts playing when yo click the mouse during a slide show. If you have more than one effect, you will need to click multiple times to start each effect individually. However, by changing the start option for each effect, you can have effects that will play automatically at the same time or one right after the other.
Follow the steps below:
- From the Animation Pane, select an effect and a drop-down arrow will appear next to it.
- Click the drop-down arrow and you will see three start options:
- Start on Click – this will start the effect when your mouse is clicked
- Start With Previous – This wills tart the effect at the same time as the previous effect
- Start After Previous – this will start the effect when the previous effect ends
- Select the start option of your choice.
When you preview the animations, all of the effects will play through automatically. To test effects are set to Start on Click, you will obviously need to play the Slide Show.