This article will show you how to fit more of your Excel data onto a page for printing purposes only. It will not affect the size, shape or look of your data in your actual worksheet. Your worksheet will look exactly the same as it always did in your Excel workbook. The only thing that will change is you will be able to print more of your data on one page.
This can be very useful when you are trying to format your workbooks for printing and need a finite amount of data to appear on your printed page.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open Excel.
- Open the worksheet you would like to print
- Click on the Page Layout tab of your Ribbon.
- Click the dialog launcher in the Scale to Fit section of the Page Layout tab.
- Select the Fit to option in the Page Setup menu.
- You can choose how many pages you would like to enter the data in here. Make certain you do not put too much content on your page, else it will be too small to read, which does you no good at all.
- A good way to fit more data onto your page is to adjust your margins dimensions.
- Click on the Margins tab and change the size of your margins for printout.
- Click on Print Preview before you print so you can see exactly what your worksheet will look like when printed.