I am certain that a lot of you have had the issue of needing to view a PowerPoint document sent from a colleague, but do not have PowerPoint installed on your computer. The good news is that as long as you have Internet access and a Google account, you can easily upload and open a PowerPoint document in Google Docs. And the even better news is that I am here to instruct you just how to do that!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- If you do not already have a Google account, go ahead and create one.
- Log in to Google Docs.
- Next to Create, click Upload.
- Once Upload File appears, click Select Files to upload. Now browse to your PowerPoint file and select and open it.
- Select Convert documents, spreadsheets, & presentations to Google Docs format.
- Once you have selected your file, click Start upload .
- Click Back to Google Docs to return to your main menu once the Upload Complete message displays.
- You will find your PowerPoint presentation in All Items list. Click to open it.
Your PowerPoint presentation will now be displayed in your browser and you are now able to view or edit your presentation in Google Docs.