The Windows Clipboard has always been capable of holding just one item at a time, but that has all changed now with the debut of the new Clipboard Manager in Windows 19 version 1809:
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Press your Windows key + V to see the current contents of your Clipboard Manager, which, by the way, can hold up to 25 items simultaneously!
- Scroll through the list to see all the content you have clipped, in reverse chronological order.
- Click any item to paste it at your current insertion point. This feature will save you a lot of time when you are gathering data or images from different sources to use in a presentation or an article.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of any clipped item to delete it from your Clipboard Manager, pin it for quick access, or delete the entire Clipboard contents.
Should you decide you no longer want this feature, follow these steps;
- Go to Settings | System | Clipboard and toggle the Clipboard History switch.
You will also find a switch there that will allow you to sync your Clipboard history to other devices where you have signed in using your Microsoft account.