Saving documents as Quick Parts saves time and promotes consistency within your documents. A paragraph of tex can be saved as a Quick Part and very quickly dropped into your document any time you need it.
- When you create a Quick Part, it is saved into the Quick Parts Gallery in the Building Blocks.dotx template by default. This template is loaded every single time you start Word, regardless of what template is applied to your active document.
- The Building Block template in Word comes with built-in galleries (i.e., pre-formatted Cover Page, Text Box, Watermark, and Page Numbering) and they are all galleries that can be found in the Building Blocks template.
- To see the content of your Building Blocks template, click the Insert tab | Quick Parts. Select the Building Blocks Organizer and you will see that you can easily sort the Building Blocks by clicking the header bar at the top of the list.
- To preview a Building Block, simply select it in the Building Blocks list and a preview will be displayed on the right of the dialog box. From here you can select the Quick Part in the list and then click Edit Properties to make changes to the original options.
- You can also click Delete to remove a Quick Part from the Building Blocks template or click Insert to insert the Quick part into your document.
- If you want to make changes to the content of a Quick Part, simply retype and format the block of text as you would like it to look, select it and then save the selection as a Quick Part. Give the Quick Part you have modified, the same name as the original
- Word will display a message asking you if you would like to define the building block entry.
- Click Yes and the new block of text will replace the old!