There is a simple way to improve your MS Access report design and that is by numbering each item.
Long reports are easier to reference by sequentially numbering the line items.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open your report in Design View.
- Place a text box named txtRunningSum at the left side of the detail section of the report.
- Click in the Control Source Property and enter =1.
- Click in the Visible property and select No.
- Click in the Running Sum property and select Over All.
- Add another text box next to txtRunningSum.
- Enter this code in the Control Source property:
It is always easier once you know how isn’t it?