If you are like me it most likely bothers you when you enter a URL and it becomes active immediately after you click the Enter key. It always used to bother me until I learned how to prevent it!
When you enter a Web address or a LAN (Local Access Network) server address of a file in an MS Excel worksheet cell, it automatically converts to a hyperlink when you leave that cell.
Follow the steps below:
- Click Office Button | Excel Options.
- Excel will display the Excel Options dialog box.
- Click the AutoCorrect Options button.
- Excel will display the AutoCorrect dialog box.
- Make certain the AutoFormat As You Type tab is selected.
- Deselect the Internet and Network Paths With Hyperlinks check box.
- Click OK.