As some of you know, I knit for relaxation and I like to donate some of my handmade goods to different charities, so I am always on the lookout for free patterns to use. There are many available if you look. But it drives me absolutely mad when I find a pattern on the internet and copy and paste it in Word, and it turns out that it was created with manual line breaks instead of paragraphs. I know I’m a wonk but we all have certain ways of doing things, and mine just happens to be the right way!
Now I just copy and paste and automatically fix this problem every time.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Highlight your entire document.
- Click CTRL + H to open Find and Replace.
- On the bottom, click on Special.
- In the Find area, select Manual Line Break.
- In the Replace box, use the same process as above and select Paragraph mark.
- Click Replace All.
Easy peasy and you now have a document that is easy to maneuver and you can set space before or after, etc.