Every now and then you may have a reason to put a picture in your documents. Maybe you just want to spice it up some or perhaps you need a picture to make your point more clear. Whatever the reason, you will be happy to learn that it is very easy to place a picture in your document.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- In the Insert tab go to Illustrations.
- For our purposes we will use a photo that has been saved locally on your computer.
- Click on Pictures and a small menu will drop down with three options:
- Under this drop-down menu, you will see different options for where you would like to place a picture.
- This Device will open your File Explorer and allow you to select a picture stored anywhere on your computer.
- Stock Images will open a library of royalty free images, icons, cutout people, stickers, and illustrations that you can select and use in your document. These images are copyright free. Be aware though, that this option is only available to Microsoft 365 subscribers.
- Online Pictures will open a selection of pictures from online sources that you can search through. Be aware that pictures from online sources may be subject to copyright restrictions. You can access your OneDrive from here as well.
So once you have selected the picture you would like, click Insert in the lower right-hand corner.
You will do this for all three options.
The picture will then be added to your document.