Once you have created your own style in Word 2007 and 2010 it doesn’t mean that it is written in stone. You don’t have to create a whole new style just because you changed your mind! All you have to do is edit your style!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Display the Home tab of your Ribbon.
- Click the small arrow at the bottom right corner of the Styles Group to display the Styles pane.
- Locate the style you would like to change and point to it with the mouse without clicking on it. MS Word will display a down-arrow at the right side of the style name.
- Click on the down arrow to display a drop-down menu.
- Click on Modify to display the Modify Style dialog box.
- Change the attributes of your style to your liking. You can use the Format button to make changes.
- When finished, click on OK.
- If you are finished changing styles, close the Styles pane.