Say you are at an interview or an event or in school, etc. You cannot possibly type notes quickly enough! What to do?? Well you can use OneNote to record audio notes! Yes, It does sound too good to be true, but it really is true!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
Before you rush into anything, first make certain that your Windows 10 computer has a microphone that is set up properly.
- Click a location on your current page where you would like to start your audio recording.
- On the Insert tab, click Audio.
- OneNote will begin recording immediately. To verify that a recording is in progress, note the increasing time counter on the Recording tab that has appeared.
- To stop the recording, simply click Stop on the Recording tab.
- OneNote will end your recording.
Should you want to continue recording at a later time, click Record.
To listen to an audio recording in your notes, follow the steps below:
- Double-click any Audio Recording icon on any page in your notebook.
- While playing back audio in OneNote for Windows 10, you can use the additional controls on the Audio tab that appear — including Pause, Back 5 Minutes, Back 15 Seconds, Forward 15 Seconds, and Forward 5 minutes.
Once you are finished with a audio recording and no longer need it, follow the steps below:
- On any page, right-click the Audio Recording icon of the recording you would l like to delete.
- On your keyboard, press the Delete key.
Caveat: When you delete an audio recording from your notes, it is erased immediately and permanently and cannot be recovered.