The traditional, rectangular box is what many Word users are familiar with when you mention a text box and let’s face it, we are all familiar and comfortable with that traditional text box. But let’s take a walk on the wild side and do something different that looks sort of snazzy!
Follow the steps below:
- First, make sure that your Drawing toolbar is visible.
If it is not, simply right-click on one of your toolbars and click on the word Drawing. You will now see the Drawing toolbar on your screen at the bottom.
- Click the AutoShape button on the Drawing toolbar to create an AutoShape.
- Select a shape. (I like the folded corner myself).
- Right-click that AutoShape and chose Add Text on the pop-up menu that appears.
- Add your text and you are finished.
Wasn’t that simple to do? And everyone will wonder how you got so artistic!