For whatever reason, there may be a time when you absolutely need to make your text fits into a cell in your table. Can you do it? Of course you can!
- Select the cell or cells that you would like to format.
- Be certain the Layout tab of your Ribbon is displayed.
- Click the small icon at the bottom-right corner of the Cell Size group to display the Table Properties dialog box, with the Cell tab selected.
- Be certain the Fit Text check box has been selected.
- Click OK to close the Cell Options dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Table Properties dialog box.
Be aware that if there is not enough text in your cell to fit all the way across the cell, Word will force the text to fit, which means it will increase the spaces between your words and characters to fill the cell. It will not, however, widen the actual characters that make up the cell contents.