If you have a pie chart in your worksheet with many sections, getting unique colors for each section can be problematic.
The good news is you can change the color of any individual section of your pie chart or any other chart in Excel.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Click on your “pie” so that it is now surrounded by handles (that resemble small squares).
- Click once more on the section whose color you would like to change. The handles will now surround just that section.
- Right-click on the section to display a Context menu.
- Select the Format Data Point from the context menu to display the Format Data Point dialog box.
- Click Fill at the left-hand side of the dialog box.
- Click the Solid Fill radio button (or others if you like).
- Use the Color drop-down list to select the color of your choice.
- Click OK.
Excel will update your chart accordingly.