We have all protected a document at one time or another for various reasons, such as Track Changes, etc. So now, if you have a previously protected document you will have to unprotect the document so that you can make changes freely throughout.
Follow the steps below:
- Display the Review tab of the ribbon.
- Click the Protect Document tool on the right side of the ribbon.
- MS Word will now display the task pane.
- At the bottom of the task pane, click Stop Protection.
- MS Word will display the Unprotect dialog box.
- Enter your password (if you have used one).
- Click OK.
Your document is now unprotected.