Special characters refer to punctuation, symbols or other items that are not generally available on keyboards, such as copyright symbols, trademark symbols, pilcrows, section signs, etc.
Follow the steps below to learn how to insert special characters:
- Place your cursor where you would like your symbol to appear.
- Click on your Insert tab.
- In the Symbols group, click the Symbols button.
- Select the symbol you would like from the drop-down menu or click More Symbols.
You can also create and insert mathematical equations in your documents.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor where you would like your equation to appear.
- Click your Insert tab.
- Click the Equation button located beneath Symbol, and select your equation from the drop-down menu.
- If you do not see the equation you would like, select Insert new Equation, which will open the dialog.
You will also see this toolbar in your ribbon.