So now that we have covered adding Watermarks to your documents, it just seems reasonable to me to now show you how to remove those watermarks because it might not always be as intuitive as you may think.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor somewhere in your open document and in the Design tab, in Page Background group, click Watermark.
- Select Remove Watermark.
That should do it for you, BUT, yes, there is always a but. Perhaps you have a pesky watermark that will just not go away? Perhaps, like me, you have your letterhead set up with a Different First Page. In that instance, after trying the first method above you might see that on a document with more than one page, the watermark has been removed from all pages except for the first page.
Follow the steps below to learn how to remove the pesky watermark:
- Watermarks have traditionally always been stored as part of the Header in Word so, Double-click inside the section’s Header to open it.
- Move your cursor over a letter in your watermark until it becomes a four-way arrow.
- Click to select your watermark (you will see colored selection handles around your watermark once it has been selected).
- Click your Delete key.
- Your watermark should now be removed..
If watermarks persist in other areas of your documents, just repeat the steps above and that should remedy the problem.