There is a quick and easy method to sum time past 24 hours and all that is necessary is changing the format of the cell.
Below is a list of start and finish work hours. There is also a column that calculates the total number of hours worked.
We need to find the total number of hours worked and in order to do that, we need a simple sum formula.
Follow the steps below:
- Sum the number of hours worked.
- Select the cell where you just summed the hours.
- Right-click and select Format Cells.
- Go to the Number tab of the window that displays.
- From the Category section, select Custom.
- Scroll down and select the [h]:mm:ss option, or it if does not appear, simply key it in where it says Type.
- Click OK.
That is it! You are now finished!