Did you know that you can embed an Office file, image, package, or other object into your PowerPoint 2013 file? Well you absolutely can and more than that, you can set it to run as part of your presentation!
You also have a choice as to how you run the object,( i.e., clicking it or moving your mouse cursor over its icon or link).
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- On your slide, select the icon or link to the object that you would like to set to run.
- On the Insert tab of your Ribbon, in the Links group, click Action.
- In the Action Settings dialog that displays, select one of the options below:
- To click the embedded icon or link in order to open the program, click the Mouse Click tab.
- To move the mouse pointer over the embedded icon or link in order to open the program, click the Mouse Over tab.
- Under Action on click, or Action on mouse over, select one of the options and then select from the list at that option.
- For instance, you can select Run Program and then scroll to a program that you want to run, such as a web browser.
- If your object is a document, you can select Object action and then select Open to display your document, or Edit to work on it during your presentation.
Pretty cool tip to have up your sleeve isn’t it?