Word includes the capacity to add cross-references to page numbers in your document. You can, for instance, insert a field that will automatically refer to a bookmark on another page. If the page number containing your bookmark changes, the page number cross-reference changes as well.
Follow the steps below to insert a page number cross-reference:
- Insert a bookmark on the page containing the information you would like to cross-reference.
- Place your cursor where you would like your cross-reference to occur.
- Click Ctrl+F9 to insert field brackets. Make sure your cursor stays between the brackets.
- Key in pageref followed by the bookmark name used in step 1 above.
- Click F9 to update the field information.