If you have a lot of bookmarks in your document, you may want to make them bold so that they are easier to see. Fortunately, this is fairly easy to do.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Display the Word Options dialog box by clicking the File tab of your Ribbon and then click Options.
- At the left side of the dialog box, click Advanced.
- Scroll down until you see the Show Document Content section.
- Make sure Show Bookmarks is selected.
- Click OK.
- The result is that any bookmarks in your document are surrounded by [brackets]. These will not print, but will appear on-screen and are helpful in seeing your bookmarks more readily. If you actually want to make your bookmarks bold, you could create a special character style to be used for bookmarks. You could set the style to be bold, and then apply it to all your bookmarked text.