You may have noticed that the column headings you key into your table are very often wider than the data contained in your column. As a result, your printout could be wider than is necessary and sometimes so wide that it will not print on a single sheet of paper.
There is one method to fix this and that is to change the orientation of your headings.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Select the cells containing the headings you would like to change.
- From the Format menu, select Cells to display the dialog box.
- Click on the Alignment tab.
- Using the Orientation section, you can specify the degree to which your headings should be turned.
- Click on OK. Your headings will now be turned to the degree you chose.
- You can now Format your columns to so their width is better suited to your new text orientation.