When you save your document in Word, the information in the document Properties is updated as well. Part of that information is a count of how many times the file has been saved. This is referred to as the Revision Number. You can insert this revision number in your document, if you like.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor where you would like your revision number to appear.
- Click the Insert tab of your Ribbon.
- Click the Quick Parts tool in the Text group and select Field to display the dialog box.
- In the Categories list, select Numbering.
- Word will update the choices in the Field Names list.
- In the Field Names list, select RevNum.
- Click OK to close the dialog box and insert your field in your document.
Fairly easy and straightforward don’t you think?