In previous issues I have told you how to use the ScreenTips feature in Word to create pop-up screen help in your documents. In some of the later versions of Word, when you move your cursor over a hyperlink, you receive a message that says Use Ctrl+Click to Follow Link, which can be distracting. Fortunately, it is very easy to get rid of this nuisance.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Display the Word Options dialog box.
- In Word 2007 click the Office button and then click Word Options.
- In Word 2010 and Word 2013, display the File tab of your Ribbon and click Options.)
- At the left side of the dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Editing section of the dialog box, deselect Use Ctrl+Click to Follow Hyperlink check box.
- Click OK.
When disabling this option in Word, not only is the Ctrl+Click message removed, but so is the need to Ctrl+Click. All that is necessary is a single click on your hyperlink to be on your way!