Some folks think you need special , expensive software to create a good meme for the Internet. That is not necessarily the case as you will see below.
You all know what memes are – you have seen them all over the Web. If you have searched for anything using Google, then perhaps you have seen a meme, which is pronounced meem. Memes are cultural symbols and ideas that spread quickly from person to person through social media and e-mail. Some of the ones you see quite often are seen below:
Oh yes, they are funny and sometimes political but there is another reason that folks use memes and that is as a way to promote your business and get your message across. They are free and easy to create and very easy to share via e-mail, text messages and social media.
So, no, you do not need, special expensive software to create your meme. You can use PowerPoint instead!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Launch PowerPoint.
- Insert a photograph or image into a PowerPoint slide by clicking on the Insert tab of your Ribbon and select the image or photograph you would like to use.
- Now you want to give it a transparent background. You can do this by clicking on your image and on the Format tab, under Picture Tools, click Color and then Set Transparent Color and click on the background of your image. You can always leave your image the way it is if you so choose.
- You may want to create a colorful or patterned shape for your image background. You can easily do so by clicking on the Insert tab, and in the Illustrations group, click Shapes and then drawing a rectangle or square.
- Right-click your image and select Format Shape.
- Go to Line Color and select No Line.
- Click on Fill and experiment with the colors, patterns or gradients.
- Select Gradient Fill and under Type, select Path.
- On the Gradient Stops bar, click on each arrow and select a color.
- Right-click your image and click Bring to Front and drag it where you would like it on your meme.
- If you would like to add text to your meme, click the Insert tab on your Ribbon and select Insert Text Box.
- Now key in your text and change the color and drag it where you would like it to be on your meme.
- Now you want to save your slide as an image. Select all objects by depressing and holding your CTRL key and clicking on your image, background shape and text box.
- Right-click and select Group.
- Right-click again and select Save as Picture.
- Now key in a file name and save it as a .PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
See? It really is not difficult at all. You can now create Internet memes share them using e-mail, twitter, text messages or you can embed them in your blog or post them to Facebook, etc.
Have fun with your new found knowledge!