As you know, when using the captioning feature in Word, you can number all you captions automatically (i.e., all your tables and figures could be numbered sequentially). Also, Word will allow you to specify how you want the numbers in your caption to appear.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Click the References tab of your Ribbon.
- In the Captions group, click Insert Caption to display the dialog box.
- Click on the Numbering button to display the dialog box.
- Use the Format drop-down list, to select the format you would like to use for your caption numbers.
- Click on OK to close the Dialog box.
- Click on OK to insert your caption.