This post is for Word 365
You can use the OneDrive Fetch feature to remotely retrieve files located on your computer. This feature can really save your bacon when your computer did not upload the information you needed to OneDrive, or you forgot to bring your flash drive with you. Fetch also will allow you to remotely stream videos stored on your computer, but let’s get back to the matter at hand.
Follow the steps below to learn to Activate OneDrive Fetch on a host computer:
- Right-click on OneDrive in the Windows taskbar and select Settings from the menu.
- Click the Let me use OneDrive to fetch any of my files on this PC option.
- Click OK.
- Use the Windows Start menu to find OneDrive and open it. Doing so will start the service.
Use the steps below to learn how to fetch files:
- Visit http://onedrive.live.com from the remote computer.
- Log into the account used by your host computer.
- Click the Settings icon at the top left-hand side of your OneDrive window and select your PC’s option from the list.
- Select the host PC from the list that hosts the files you would like to access.
- If you have not connected previously to the host computer, you will probably need to acquire a security code via SMS or email and enter it into the space provided.
- Browse the PST computer using tge web-based OneDrive interface.