Recently someone inquired about addling lines automatically to their 2010 Word document. They opined that they had always been able to add a line, such as a signature line to their document by just keying in three hyphens in older versions of Word, and could not figure out how to do it the same in Word 2010.
The solution is actually quite easy and also works in Word 2013.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Display Word Options. In Word 2007,click the Office button |Word Options. In Word 2010 and 2013, click on File | Options.
- On the left-hand side of the dialog box, click Proofing.
- Click AutoCorrect Options to display the dialog box.
- Be sure that AutoFormat As you You Type is selected.
- Also be sure that the Border Lines is selected.
- Click on OK to close the AutoCorrect dialog box.
- Click on OK to close the Word Options dialog box.