The display of time in your slideshow can be useful to both the presenter and the viewer. It’s a nice touch and depending on your audience, you can not only add the hour and minutes, but the seconds too, if you like.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open your PowerPoint document and click the View tab on your Ribbon.
- Select the Normal View and select the first slide of your slideshow.
- Click on the Insert tab on your Ribbon and in the Text group, click on the little Date and Time icon which will give you options.
- Clicking on the Date and Time icon will open up the Header ad Footer dialog. Using the two tabs you can add the date and time values to your main slides as well as the Notes and Handouts.
- Choose the Date and Time formats from the drop-down. Selecting a Fixed time lets you know what time slide was created and it is obviously constant. The Update automatically section displays a dynamic time that takes the current time from your system clock. The options are the same for the Notes and Handouts.
- Select Apply to All.
Each time you open or print your presentation now, PowerPoint will update the time.
Add the Current Time and Date According to Language:
- Click on File | Options | Language.
The Options dialog will give you a lineup of additional languages to edit your document.
- Expand the drop-down for Add additional editing languages and select the language of your choice.
- Click on Add.
- Click OK.
- Exit your PowerPoint file.
- Reopen your presentation and position your cursor where you want to insert the date. Click on the Insert Tab | Date and Time button.
- If you are adding the time to your footer then the usual box will appear. If you are adding it to a text box, you will get a different looking box.
- After you click OK your date and time is entered in the language of the country you chose.