Outlook 2010 has a feature called Social Connector. This feature imports social network contacts into Outlook so that you have the information available to you when you send e-mails.
Four different social networks are supported by Outlook 2010:
- Windows Live Messenger
- The connectivity is not installed by default. You will have to visit the Microsoft Office Website and download the software, which is quick and easy to install.
- After you have run the Social Connection Provider for your favorite social network:
- On the View tab in the People Pane, click on Account Settings.
- A window will appear showing all of the connectors you have downloaded and installed.
- If you did not visit the Website above and install the software, you will only see the My Site option.
- Clicking on the checkbox next to a particular social network will open up a login screen.
Once you have done this, information about a contact will appear below the reading pane, which may be minimized by default, so click on an e-mail to open it for reading and then find the small contact listing, separated by a movable white bar at the bottom.
This feature will pull information about anyone. Of course if you are having daily conversations with them via e-mail, you may very likely want to add them as a friend, which you can very easily do by clicking on the little green plus symbol.