When you find you are responding to lengthy e-mail messages, it can be very helpful to you if you know how to utilize Inline Comments. It can prove useful to the original sender as well.
I don’t know about you, but I very often receive e-mails that are full of questions! It is much easier for me to answer each individual question by inserting my answer in line with the posed question.
The good news is that Outlook makes it fairly simple for you to utilize Inline Comments in your e-mail replies.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- On the File tab, click Options.
- Select Mail in the left pane.
- In the Replies and Forwards, area, select the Preface Comments With check box.
- Key in the text you want used to identify your comments, such as your name. MS Outlook will include this text inside brackets next to your inline replies.
To add an inline comment to a message:
- Open the e-mail and click Reply.
- Click inside the message where you would like your response appear and begin keying in your text.