Quite often there is a function you can use in Word to do what you want done and in this instance that is the Go To function. You can use it to jump to a specific endnote in your Word document.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Click F5 or CTRL + G to display the go to tab of the Find and Replace dialog box.
- On the left hand side of the dialog, select Endnote. This will let word know what you want to go to.
- Note that the Enter Page Number box is changed to the Enter Endnote Number box.
- In the Endnote Number box, key in the endnote number to which you would like to jump.
- If you just want to go to the next endnote in your document, leave the box empty.
- Click your mouse on the Go To button or the Next button.
If there are no endnotes in your document, or if you enter an invalid endnote number, Word will position you at the beginning of your document.