Cross-references come in very handy in our documents and although most folks think that it is a very complicated process, Word really makes it very easy to use this feature.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Select the text you would like to be cross-referenced.
- Assign this text a bookmark name.
- Place your cursor where you would like the cross-reference to appear.
- Click Ctrl + F9 to insert field brackets. Be certain that your cursor stays in between the brackets.
- Key in ref followed by the name of the bookmark you assigned above.Click F9 to update the field information.
Word has now replaced the field with the text to which the bookmark was assigned.