Excel provides you with tools that allow you to create a number of shapes that you could only make use of through a drawing program. Curiously, one of those shapes is the lowly line.
Follow the steps below to learn how to create lines:
- On the Ribbon, display the Insert tab.
- In the Illustrations group, click the Shapes tool to display a drop-down of drawing objects.
- Click the line that is the closest to the type you would like to draw.
- Position your mouse cursor where one end of the line is to be located.
- Click and hold your mouse button
- Drag your mouse until the line is the length of your choosing.
- Release your mouse button
That’s all there is to it!