If your PowerPoint presentation is filled with pictures, it can severely bloat your file, which can make it more difficult to e-mail it to someone or take a longer than usual time to load when you want to show it.
MS PowerPoint knows this can happen and so they have a nice feature that can rectify the situation for you as well. It is named Compress Picture.
To determine the size of your PowerPoint presentation file follow the steps below:
- Click the Office button.
- Select Prepare.
- Click on Properties.
- Select Document Properties in the Properties pane.
- Select Advanced Properties.
Should you find that your file is very bloated, you can use the Compress Picture feature to slim it down. Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Once your presentation is completely edited and saved, click on any picture in your presentation.
- This will activate the Picture Tools tab.
- Click Compress Pictures.
- Deselect Apply to Selected Pictures Only.
- Click the Options button.
- Select the E-mail option under Target Output.
- Click OK.
I think you will be pleased with the results.