Did you ever wish you could make your worksheets more helpful to the folks who have to use them? Well you can! You can add a pop-up window that will display documentation whenever the cell is selected.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Select the cell in which you would like your pop-up to appear.
- Display the Data tab of your Ribbon.
- In the Data Tools group, click the Data Validation tool.
- Be certain the Input Message tab is displayed.
- Be sure the the Show Input Message When Cell is Selected check box is selected.
- In the Title box, key in a title for your pop-up window.
This title will appear in bold at the top of your pop-up window.
- In the Input Message box, key in the text of the documentation you would like to appear in your pop-up window.
- Click OK.
If you have followed the steps above, when data is accepted into that cell in your worksheet, MS Excel will display a helpful message.