Word will allow you to add comments to your document, as a separate element of the document. Comments do not interfere with your main text and will appear in their own area of your document. Comments are normally not printed when you print a document.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor where you would like your comment anchored. You can, if you like, select a passage of text about which you would like to comment. Simply select your text as you would normally.
- Display the Review tab of your Ribbon.
- In the Comments group, click on New Comment. Word will place a comment in the margin.
- Key in the text of your comment.
- When finished with the comment, click somewhere in your document outside of the comment.
If you later want to view your comments, just display the Review tab of your Ribbon and use Next and Previous, in the Comments group, to move from comment to comment.