Sometimes you want someone to select only from a list that you offer in your worksheet. This is very easy to do in MS Excel 2007.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Select row or column cells you will not be using.
- Place one list item in each cell.
- Where you would like the drop-down list to appear, highlight the cells – they need not be contiguous.
- Click on Data | Validation.
- Under Allow, select List.
- Check In-cell dropdown.
- Left-Click the Source box and highlight the cells containing your list.
- Click OK.
Not difficult at all!