First impressions are often lasting ones. Your e-mail signature very often portrays who you are to your recipients. If you own your own business, you might like to include a graphic or your logo as part of your e-mail signature. You may want to include an electronic business card as well. It is a fairly easy process to accomplish these tasks in MS Outlook.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- In E-mail view, click on File | New | Mail Message.
- Alternatively, you can click on CTRL + N to open a blank mail message.
- Enter the text you would like your signature to include, but try to limit your signature to only the essential information. A professional signature should only consist of one or two lines.
- Position the cursor where you would like to insert your logo or graphic.
- Click on Insert | Picture.
- In Outlook 2007, click the Insert tab and select the appropriate command from the Illustrations group. The file should be a GIF, JPEG OR PNG format. TIFF and BMP files are to large to include in your signature.
- Click CTRL + A to select the entire signature and the graphic.
- Click CTRL + C to copy the signature to the Clipboard.
- Click on Tools | Options and click the Mail Format tab.
- Click Signature in the Signature section.
- Click New.
- Name your signature and click Next.
Outlook 2007 groups the options together, so there will be no need to click Next.
- Click inside the Edit Signature control and click CTRL + V to paste the signature from the Clipboard.
If you are using Outlook 2007, be sure to select the signature by name from the New Messages control.
- Click OK two times.
- On the Mail Format tab, select the signature from the Signature For New Messages drop-down list in the Signatures section.Click OK.
Now, when you create a new message, MS Outlook will automatically include the signature, including the graphic you added.