Would you like to change the way your desktop and windows look in Windows 10? And would you also like to share that theme with your friends??
Well the good news is that you can create your own theme with a custom desktop background, border and start menu accent color. You can save these settings as a new theme file and use it over and over again and also send it to your friends!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open the Start Menu and select Settings.
- Select Personalization.
- Change one or more of the following:
Desktop background: Select picture, solid color, or slideshow. In addition to some default photos, you can click the Browse button to select a background picture. If you select slideshow, the default album will be the Photos folder. You can though, browse to a different folder and also set how often you would like the picture or change on your desktop.
- You can either have Windows automatically select an accent color from your background or pick a color for the Start menu tiles background and the thin border around windows. This will also change the color of the Windows icon in your taskbar when you hover over it. Alternatively, you can also have that color shown on your taskbar and Windows 10 action center by selecting those boxes.
- You can also change the Lock screen background image and Start menu settings here, but these will not be saved with your theme.
- Click Themes in the Personalization window, and then Theme settings.
- The Personalization settings in the Control Panel will now open.
- Right-click on your unsaved Theme and select Save theme. Your unsaved Theme will now appear in the My Themes section and it will have the settings that you just set to your liking.
- Now give your theme a name in the Windows dialog box.
- Click OK.
Your new Theme has now been saved and you can switch between it and other themes very quickly and easily by just going to the personalization options in the Control Panel. You can also right-click on it and save the theme for sharing as a .deskthemepack file.
How cool is this???