You can quickly and easily add borders to your paragraphs in Word. And, you can actually add a drop shadow to your text. A drop shadow is a type of border that is wider on two sides than it is on the other two. The result, especially when printed, is that the bordered paragraph looks like it is raised above the rest of the document. It draws the eye and looks very professional if used in moderation and properly.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor in the paragraph to which you would like the drop shadow added.
- Display the Home tab of your Ribbon.
- In the Paragraph group, click the down-arrow at the right side of the Borders and Shading tool to display options.
- Click the Borders and Shading option to display the dialog box.
- Select the Shadow option from the Setting area at the left side of the dialog box.
- Select Line Style, Color, and Width using the controls provided in the dialog box.
- Click on OK to close the dialog box.
You can now see your drop shadow. Go ahead and print it and see if you are happy with the results. If not, you can always go back and change it.