Sometimes, there are paragraphs that naturally belong with another paragraph. For instance, section headings belong with the paragraphs that follow them, a signature line belongs with the explanation line that may be after it, and a figure belongs with the caption that may follow it. Fortunately, Word makes it very easy to keep certain paragraph pairings together.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor in the first paragraph of the pair you want to keep together.
- Make sure the Home of your Ribbon is displayed.
- Click the small icon at the bottom right-hand side of the Paragraph group to display the dialog box.
- Click the Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Be certain the Keep with Next check box is selected.
- Click on OK.
That’s all there is to it! No more stragglers for your documents!