Of course, you all know that you can create custom dictionaries in MS Word. It is a great feature! Whatever your profession, I am sure there are words that you use specifically. As an example, law offices use a lot of Latin phrases in pleadings. The great thing about Word is that you can add the custom words endemic to your profession to a custom dictionary so that Word will stop telling you that you have misspelled them.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- On the File tab, click Options.
- Select Proofing and click the Custom Dictionaries button.
- Select the dictionary to which you would like to add a word.
- Click Edit Word List.
To add a new word, key the word into the Word box and click the Add button.
You can also delete a word if you have accidentally added a misspelled word:
- Navigate to the misspelled word.
- Click on it once to select it.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to close the dialog box.