When you need jury instructions in your cases, you don’t have to create two separate documents – one for the judge, including citations at the bottom the page and another for the jury sans the citations.
This is a quick trick that will save you time and keystrokes, which of course is what I just love! Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Create your Jury Instructions for the judge, complete with citations.
- Now select the citations at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Format | Font.
- Under Effects, select Hidden, which will hide the citation text.
- When you are ready to print the judge’s Jury Instructions, click on File | Print or use the shortcut CTRL + P.
- From the Print menu, click the Options button.
- From the Print dialog box, select Hidden Text under Include with Document.
- Click OK two times to close the dialog box and print the document with cites.
Viola! Trust me, I know how to save time in a law office!