You have, no doubt, seen spreadsheets and charts that had diagonal or vertical text, I am sure. If so, I am sure that you will agree that it is very impressive. It also will allow you to display more information in less space. You will be pleased to know that it is very easy to accomplish in Excel 2007.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Launch MS Excel 2007 if it is not already open.
- Key your text into a cell.
- Select the cell.
- On the Home tab of the Ribbon, find the Alignment group.
In that group, you will see a button with an a and b and an arrow all on an angle. That is the Orientation menu.
- Click on the drop-down arrow beside it.
- From the resulting menu, select one of the quick options to angle your text.
- To be more specific regarding the angle of your text, select Format Cell Alignment and lower the degree to determine exactly how slanted you would like to have your text.
- Click OK.
You will look like a star when everyone else sees your spreadsheet!