If you have ever written a term paper, you are acutely aware of how important and time consuming the bibliography and source citing can e.
Well, do I have good news for you! Microsoft Word 2016 will help you do all these things quickly and easily! Everyone knows I love to save time and keystrokes!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- First, select the style you would like to use for your source cites.
- Click the References tab of your Ribbon.
- Click Citations & Bibliography to display a drop-down menu and click on Style to select the style of your choice.
How To Insert Citations:
As you know, a citation gives credit to a source in the body of your document. Perhaps if you used a quote from a magazine article, you would want to cite the article, author and magazine after your quote.
- Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Click on the References tab of your Ribbon.
- In the Citations & Bibliography group, click Insert Citation.
- From the drop-down menu, select to either insert a placeholder or insert a source.
- If you have not created any sources yet, you can do so by clicking Add New Source. Alternatively, you can click Manage Sources.
Placeholders are used when you need to insert a source, but have not yet gotten the information you need.
Follow the steps below to learn how to insert a placeholder:
- On the References tab of your Ribbon, click Citation.
- Select Add New Placeholder.
- You can key in any name for your placeholder that is intuitive to you.
That’s all for this article, but Technical Documents Part III will be up next!