Once you have created a drawing object, you can fill it with your choice of color. Excel makes this very easy to do.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Select the shape you would like to fill.
- Be certain the Format tab of your Ribbon has been selected. Please note that the Format tab will not display unless you select your shape.
- In the Shape Styles group, click the Shape Fill tool to display a color menu.
- From the color menu, select the color you would like to use.
- If you do not see a color you like, click on More Fill Colors to display a wider selection.
Once you have selected a color, Excel will remove the color menu and fill the interior of your shape with the color you chose. To remove a color, you can repeat the same steps, but in step 4 select No Fill.