If you use information from online sources (i.e., Wikipedia), if you copy the information directly into Word, it could have some unwanted effects.
As a rule, you would not want to keep the original formatting. The bonus is that pasting without the formatting is also quicker and therefore easier!
Follows the steps below to learn how:
- Copy whatever text you would like from the source.
- Open your Word document where you would like to paste the text.
- On the Home tab of your Ribbon, in the Clipboard group, click Paste.
- Click the Keep Text Only option to insert your text without the formatting.
- Of course, the easiest method to do this would be to copy your text, click in your document where you would like the copied text to appear and right-click and select Keep Text Only.
Doesn’t get much easier than that and now you will not have all those pesky formatting issues to deal with!