When you are cleaning house in your Outlook Mail folder, wouldn’t it be great to just delete e-mails of a certain vintage?
Well guess what! You can! There is a method to archive these e-mails and delete them permanently, bypassing the Deleted Items folder.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Click File | Info | Tools | Clean Up Old Items (or File | Info | Cleanup Tools | Archive.
In the Archive dialog box:
- Check the Archive this folder and all subfolders option.
- Select the mail folder where you will delete e-mails bypassing the Deleted Items folder.
- Key in your date into the Archive items older than area.
- Click the Browse button.
- In the Open Outlook Data Files dialog box:
- Open the destination folder where you will save the archives PST file.
- Key in a name for the archived PST file in the File name area.
- Click OK
- Click OK once more